Thursday, February 3, 2011

Cinnamon Roast

I was experimenting with roast the other day, trying to figure out how to make it 'my own'.  I think I found an amazing combo that gives the meat a unique flavor that I really enjoy!

I cook roasts in the crock pot, but you could do the same thing in an oven if you like.

Drop the roast into a crock pot with a little stock some onions and carrots (for extra flavor).  Now, for the twist, the spices.

1 stick of cinnamon
2 star anise
2-3 whole allspice

and of course salt and pepper

Let it cook until the roast is 'roasted'... and enjoy

One thing I think I'm going to do next time is to caramelize the onions before dumping them into the pot to give it just that much of a sweeter taste.

If you try this, and like it -- let me know!

No comments:

Post a Comment